Welcome Box-Book Recommendations
Ask the Friendship Doctor

Some of the people I thought were my friends did not wish me happy birthday?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  T 2 months ago.

• Author

nattynat23
    Participant

My birthday was on Friday. My close friends and some family wished me a happy birthday. Friends from my high school (we already graduated) did not send me a bday wish. Keep in mind we follow each other on social media so they knew it was my birthday because they viewed my photo saying it was, and last year they wished me a happy bday. Through 2016 when theirs came, I told them happy bday. So I don’t understand why they couldn’t do the same. I know deep inside it is not that serious but I still cannot stop feeling betrayed and as if majority of people I thought cared about me, really don’t. To be more specific , on snapchat, we usually view each other’s stories. On my birthday though, none of their names popped up on the list of people who viewed it. On Instagram, I know they saw it because there is no way of controlling who appears on your TL. It is almost Sunday, and still not even a happy belated birthday. How do I move on from this and stop always caring about fake friends I thought at first to be real and sincere?

greenbird
    Participant

Not everyone checks into social media everyday. I don’t always wish friends happy birthday on social media because I may not check in for days at a time. Doesn’t mean they are fake.

nattynat23
      Participant

That is you. There is no way of saying they might not have checked in because they even posted pics and videos of themselves the same day on both snapchat and Instagram.

tammy
    Participant

Are they decent friends otherwise? Do you get together, enjoy doing things as friends, stay in touch? If YES to all the above then stop worrying so much about happy birthday wishes. If they are not friends who keep in touch or make efforts to see you, then start deleting them from social media.

T
    Participant

You said yourself, deep inside you know “it’s not that serious”. Lots of people are good friends but don’t necessarily remember birthdays or feel a need to comment on them. For me, it’s only about close friends and family. If you are following hundreds of people on social media it’s kind of annoying to have to remember to wish every single person a happy birthday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Visit GirlfriendSocial.com

css.php