Welcome Box-Book Recommendations
Ask the Friendship Doctor

Forgiveness or one and done?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Twerpy 2 months ago.

• Author

Stinker butt
    Participant

Over the years, I have had friends come and go. Mostly due to just simply drifting apart. Nothing is certain in life. Well, there is one certainty. And that is the fact that nothing is ever for certain. Friendships fall into that as well. There is NO guarantee that ANY friendship will last . Heck, everything could just be humming along perfectly, and then one day, BAM a friend just cuts you off without warning and without reason. As people do in life, I have had disagreements with friends. And in most cases, things got patched up. If someone is close to me, unless they have gone and done something MAJOR, then there really is no offense they can commit that I would deem unforgivable. And by major, I mean murdering a relative or someone else close to me. In which case, they would be in prison forever, so, that kinds of takes care of that. But, stupid little petty arguments should NEVER be a reason to end a friendship.

I lost a friend some years back over some petty little spat. To this day, the girl is STILL mad at me. She will not forgive me, and the passage of 7 years has done NOTHING to quell her anger towards me. It was the only time we ever had any sort of argument during the time we knew each other. And yet, it was enough to warrant her cutting me out of her life forever. The hard feelings are only on one side. Hers. I ceased being mad at her seven years ago, not long after our spat. Not her, though. No, she decided to not only end our friendship, but she decided to nuke it, bust up the pieces, salt the earth, then plow the salt six feet deep. Now, for what it’s worth, even her own family has told me that she has dropped friends after one argument in the past. She has a history of “one and done”. Yet has the audacity to ask people to forgive her if she screws up. Interesting. All I can say is, can someone really be unforgiving, yet stand there with a straight face and ask for it for themselves? How does that work?

T
    Participant

Is this the one you offered $1,000 to speak with you? Creepy ass tale, for sure

Stinker butt
      Participant

What’s so “creepy” about it? It would have been worth the $1,000 to see her, even if it was the very last time ever. Off the wall? Yes. Unheard of? Yes. Oh, hell, maybe you’re right. Creepy may be accurate. But, to me, it was worth the try. Posters on here have asked me “so, what if someone that you were mad at offered you $1,000 to talk to them. Wouldn’t you turn it down too?” My reply was NO!!! I could not imagine being so angry at someone that I could not even take their money! Hell, I’ll take ANYBODY’S money if they are just giving it away!I do believe I could sit down and smile and fake laugh for a $1,000. I was willing to just give away $1,000 just to see her one last time. She is NEVER going to have a shot at easy money like that again in her life. Oh well, at least I still have the grand!

Jacqueline
    Participant

Money cannot buy everything. Obviously, this woman wants nothing to do with you. Let it go.

Oh, and by the way, I walked away from a million dollars. The price was too high to pay for my self-esteem, freedom, etc.

tammy
    Participant

If you crossed a serious line with someone than YES, it’s perfectly normal NOT to accept $1,000 to see you. I for one could not be PAID to talk to someone who crossed a serious boundary with me. Harm my child? Steal my spouse? Backstab me? Steal money or something precious from me? Make me a look a fool maliciously? You couldn’t pay me enough. Some people have a strong set of ethics and if they feel you are unethical they have no problem turning down your money. Why is that so suprising? Are you for sale? Can you be bought for a certain price? That’s sad.

greenbird
    Participant

There is something wrong that you think she has the problem for not taking your $1,000. So I’d be curious what it was you did to make her hate you so much? Obviously you really screwed up. But you want to make it out like she’s dumb for not taking your money? I think people find it creepy because obviously you really really screwed up.

Mr Twerpy
    Participant

DUDE!! Give me that $1,000! Shoot, I’ll forgive you on her behalf, LOL! No, but seriously. LEAVE THIS GIRL ALONE ALREADY!! I know it sux to lose friends. I have been there and done that. And I have had to learn the hard way that when it’s over, it’s over. I used to bend over backwards to try and restore friendships. I never offered up an outrageous amount of money to try and buy time with them. But I did try to beg and plead my case, only to find out that after awhile, it is considered harassment. NOBODY can make this girl talk to you. Not you. Not me. Not anyone on this forum. Not her other friends, her family, or any other human taking in oxygen on this planet. And no, not even 10 Benjamin Franklins. It’s just not going to happen. So, learn from it, so you will be better going forward. And yes, you will find out that some people do have a “one and done” policy. I have encountered that as well. And I chose not to extend my friendship to those who are of the “one and done” variety. Because I know that I can not function in a friendship where I am expected to be perfect all the time. Take some time and just examine yourself carefully. You’ll be alright. And believe it or not, you WILL survive without this girl. By the way, what kind of name is “Stinker Butt”?? I think I would change that, LOL.

T
    Participant

it’s been 7 years like you said in your other post, the fact that you keep trying to get back with her is creepy, the fact you offered her money is weird, leave her alone! You sound unbalanced.

Mr Twerpy
      Participant

Several on here are advising the dude to leave her alone. And not ONE poster is telling him that proceeding with this is a good idea. Yet, he seems bent on doing it anyway. If he is half as smart as he thinks he is, he will leave the girl alone. Or, he will end up in handcuffs. I’ve encountered his type before. Sometimes, they just need that ride in the back of a police car. He can plead his case to a judge and say “but but but, it’s been 7 years, she should be over it already!!” and see how far that gets him. Then he can use that $1,000 to pay his lawyer, LOL.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Visit GirlfriendSocial.com

css.php