How to use the blog
This website aims to help readers navigate the awkward misunderstandings and disappointments—as well as the long silences and distance—that often crops up among friends.
It organizes the expert advice that The Friendship Doctor has dispensed over the years along with the crowd-sourced wisdom of thousands of readers from every walk of life. As new questions and dilemmas arise, they are added to the site.
The archived posts are organized according to the below categories:
- Making Friends
- Keeping Friends
- Resolving Problems
- Handing Breakups
- Having No Friends, and
- Other Advice
How to use the site
There are a number of ways you can use this site:
- You can read the Archives of postings and comments, which are organized both chronologically and by category.
- You can search the various Categories of information (highlighted in the circles at the top of the page) to read about issues relevant to your concerns. There are many subcategories within each main category. If you’re particularly interested in a main category, you may sign up for its RSS feed (click on the category button and then look for the icon by the name of the category).
- You can use the drop-down menu on the right navigation bar of the home page to read about specific topics.
- You can use the search box located at the top of the right navigation bar on the home page to look up information on a particular topic.
- You can read recent posts from The Friendship Doctor on the Front Page of the blog.
- You can mingle in the Forums section of the blog to exchange information and experience with other posters.
- If you aren’t able to readily find an answer to your question or dilemma, you can use the Contact Form to write to The Friendship Doctor. Time permitting, I try to answer as many of them as I can that offer teachable lessons for others, and don’t repeat the themes of previous posts.
I hope you’ll take a moment and sign up to receive free monthly email updates with links to my latest posts. You can request to have them delivered to your in-box by entering your email address in the gray box on the right side of the Home page on The Friendship Blog.